“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Preventive Roof Maintenance
One of the biggest mistakes commercial property owners and facility managers make — after building or acquiring a new commercial or industrial structure — is to let its maintenance slip. If your building is in Western North Carolina or upstate South Carolina, implementing a regularly scheduled roof maintenance program:
- Keeps even a new commercial roofing system trouble-free after its initial installation
- Preserves the validity of almost all manufacturer’s warranties
- Helps you avoid premature and unnecessary damage
- Diminishes the chances of a catastrophic failure
- Prolongs the life of your commercial roof
Prolong the life of your roofing system;
schedule annual inspections.
Make It a Priority
If you aren’t maintaining your commercial or industrial roofing system, water can invade your building and cause severe, and often unseen, damage. Regular preventive roofing maintenance also keeps your roofing insulation dry and intact so it can be reused. Reusable insulation:
- Reduces the cost of your next roof installation by 30 to 40 percent
- Keeps damaged materials out of landfills
- Results in a net positive environmental impact
WNC Roofing follows preventative maintenance strategies that fit your roof to your budget. Developed from years of roofing experience, the roof management programs are implemented by professional roofing technicians. The commercial roofing experts at WNC Roofing designed the program to promote the longest useful life from your installed roofing system.
WNC Roofing’s comprehensive eight-point roof maintenance inspection includes:
- Inspect the entire roof area for damage from foreign objects or human activity (e.g., HVAC unit maintenance).
- Remove all debris that’s accumulated on the roof surface so it doesn’t restrict drainage or cause roof membrane damage.
- Inspect and clean all roof drains, overflow drains, grates and scupper drains to ensure a free flow of rainwater and snow melt.
- Inspect all welds at membrane field seams, roof curbs and roof penetrations. Verify that no voids have developed at the weld points.
- Inspect all sheet metal flashings and counter flashings at copings, gutters, collector boxes and downspouts to verify they are firmly attached and sealed.
- Inspect and verify that the roof access scuttle, ladder and locking mechanism are operational and that all flashings are in place and secure.
- Verify that all HVAC unit access doors and covers are installed and secured properly.
- Submit a written report to the building owner with photos detailing the current condition of the roof, including evidence of any roof abuse and any issues that could lead to future problems.
Contact the roofing professionals
at WNC Roofing.
Safe, Smart, Professional
Call 1-800-704-7765 today for a no-obligation estimate. When friendly, courteous quality service matters to you, trust WNC Roofing to deliver. Read what our other customers are saying about us.